Sunday, November 23, 2014

B-day Photo Shoot and Giving Thanks



I celebrated my 35th birthday recently.  My husband of ten years really knows what I like.  He bought me a new pair of Field and Stream women's insulated boots, the Blue Ray of Catching Fire, a buckskin dressage horse toy, which deserves its own post, and he reserved some time on Sunday for a photo shoot of me and Harley.  I love it when he can take pictures of me riding my horse, but these days it requires a bit more planning.  My parents joined us at the barn to watch Sweet Pea while we took some pictures on the nearby trail and in the field where I have been riding.





I am so glad that we chose to take these pictures outside of the ring.  I realize now that I have almost no pictures of Harley and I anywhere except in an arena. Why didn't I think of this sooner? I love the natural backdrop and I forgot that the autumn leaves would also be on display.  What a nice surprise.




Since Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I have so much to be thankful for this year, but I will stick to the horse-related items since this IS a horse blog:

I am thankful that Harley is feeling well and we have been enjoying some great weekend rides.
I am thankful that my financial situation and supportive husband allows me to continue to be a horse owner.
I am thankful that Harley is as happy on the trails and in the field as he was in the arena.
I am thankful that I am healthy and able to ride my horse.
I am thankful that Harley is gentle and quiet enough to carry Sweet Pea with us for short walks around the yard.
I am thankful for every minute that I get to spend with my horse and for the eight wonderful years we have adventured together thus far!




13 comments:

  1. Great photos! Now if I could just get my husband to do a photo shoot . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! You husband is awesome! What great gifts. Harley is so gorgeous and Sweet Pea is adorable. I'm so glad you got such fabulous riding pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! Also, Harley is looking awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Both you and Harley are looking great and I'm happy that you are able to enjoy riding him again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe. Lovely and a lot to be thankful for. Your daughter, horse (and obviously husband) are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby is getting so big!! Love the photos :)
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. I love the fall foliage. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures Val! So glad to see you and Harley are getting out and about. :D

    Judging from the smile on your (not so) little one's face - another horse crazy girl is born...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! Happy Birthday too. You looked like you really enjoyed yourself, which is the most important thing about birthdays. Sweet Pea looks like a natural on Harley's back.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! What a great that day was I'm sure---I love photo opt riding days and the pony always seems to know and make it extra special don't they :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are so cute, and that fall foliage is amazing! I'm so happy to continue to read your updates. Thank you for posting and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first photo is wonderful! Your little girl looks happy as can be up on Harley, who is finally feeling good enough to ride! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or add to my memoirs with some of your own.