Monday, February 27, 2012

Remember to "Smile"

Looks sort of like a baleen whale, doesn't it?
Only the best cookies get that sort of compliment.

Nobody likes it when the scales tip toward work, house-keeping, and other grown-up responsibilities.  Add the common cold and you have a recipe for feeling stressed and overburdened.  Thankfully, I have a horse with a sweet yet somewhat demanding personality who really makes my day and forces me to focus my attention on something other than the aforementioned responsibilities. 

Nothing a good ride couldn't cure.  Ever notice how your cold disappears when you ride your horse?  Unfortunately, mine felt better at the barn, but feels worse now that I am home.  Being a teacher feeling under the weather is no fun.  Today, the weather was very pretty, but I decided to stay home after school and rest (more school work to do, anyway). 

Until next time, Harley! 

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well. Just got over a cold myself. Not fun.

    Harley looks so cute and happy about his special cookies. They look so funny when they do that with their lips don't they. Take it easy and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had very cold and wet weather here today. I skipped my barn visit, which is extremely rare, and just went straight home. I needed a mental break. Whatever the reason, physical or mental, breaks are an important part of riding. I am hoping that Sydney took the day and pondered how to best deal with the canter. Maybe Harley was doing some deep thinking, too. :0)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. Hope you're back to 100% soon! Harley did his best to lift your spirits - he is tooooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better, also just found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that smile, and is it just me or does his upper lip not create a perfect horseshoe in that second pic?

    I'm so sorry you are not feeling well; although you are absolutely right in saying that horses make it all better (for a little while, anyway ;o)

    Wishing you a germ-free day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it does! Thanks. Feeling better now.

      Delete

Leave a comment or add to my memoirs with some of your own.